Förderverein Heinrich Metzendorfschule Bensheim
Tel: 06251 8479-41
The support association of HMS was founded on 20 June 1986. Its task is to support the education in HMS, especially in the areas which are extra-curricular. We try to realize these goals especially by the following activities:
• Planning, organization and processing of the social pedagogical support in InteA classes (integration and degree), a measure of the Hessen Ministry of Education and the Ministry for Social Issues and Integration. The concept of the Hessen government for language support and general vocational education is for refugees, late repatriates and immigrants. The support association can offer social pedagogical counselling and support for this programme.
• Social work at school.
• Supporting of school facilities, measures and events which are beyond the Kreis Bergstraße or the Land Hessen budget.
• Leading and running the bistro Metzeria
• Financial support with participation on class trips for students in need
• Individual support of students in personal desperate situations
• Arrangement and organization of further education measures
The bistro is opened from Monday to Friday from 07:00 to 13:00
We offer sandwiches, whole grain bread rolls, different types of pretzels, vegetarian sandwiches as well as warm meat balls, beef and pork sausages, minced meat and chicken schnitzels. In variation we offer fresh salads or homemade muesli. Besides that we offer also muffins and different types of pastries. We provide a wide range of coffee, tea and cold drinks. Since the school year 2014/15 we offer in addition a warm meal between 12:00 and 13:00.
a) SiS – Social work in school in the Bergstraße district
The support association financially supports a part of the social school work.
The social workers in SiS at HMS make an overall offer of counselling and company for all students in an individual case, in social group work, with support and mediation in conflicts, as well as they offer projects linked with subjects like violence, drugs, interculturality. Preventative projects and interventions in the case of a crisis help to design the school life actively. An important instrument is the concept of the open door: The daily presence in the school house makes it easier for students to seek contact and is well appreciated.
The social workers work together closely with parents and teachers. Networking with external partners (advice centres, network against violence South Hessen, police etc.) in the district is important as well.
Social worker B.A.
Phone.: 06251 789939
Fax: 06251 8479-79
a) InteA integration and degree concept for the language support and education at HMS
The support association supports students of HMS with the acquirement of education. Mastering of the German language is the key to the school success and to the participation in society. With the arrangement of InteA we have a school offer for a group of students without the knowledge of the German language which starts with intensive German courses. After that follow practically orientated offers in the areas of wood engineering, metal engineering and the hotel- and gastronomy business. Beyond that there is an intensive social pedagogical assistance. The highly motivated refugees and immigrants shall preferably be quickly provided with a suitable education offer after their entry to enable them school degrees and quick transitions into continuing schools or the integration into the employment system.
The social pedagogical assistance of the InteA classes offers
• Development of culture competence
• Support of social learning
• Design and initiation of group processes for teambuilding
• Psychosocial counselling and one-to-one conversations
• Creative offers as an expression medium without spoken language
• Study trips and extracurricular learning space
• Professional contact persons for personal problems
• Vocational orientation
• Advice and company with internships
Qualified social education worker
Phone: 06251 8479-616
Fax: 06251 8479-79